The Directorate of Family Welfare was bifurcated as an independent Department from Directorate of Health Services vide Government Order No. MDEV-321/12 Dated, Itanagar, the 20th October, 2014 .
The FW Directorate deals with matters related to all Family Welfare Program, Co-ordination with NRHM/NHM, implementing Expanded Program of Immunization (EPI), Reproductive & Child Health (RCH), Maternal & Child Health Programs and other National Programs being implemented by Family Welfare Division of Government of India.
The list of the proposed activities are as follows:
- To implement all schemes related to Family Welfare.
- To Co-ordinate with NRHM/NHM activities in the State and Central level.
- To implement EPI, vaccinations.
- To implement MCH program.
- To implement RCH program.
- To Co-ordinate with DHS and DME(T&R) in implementing the Central Schemes of National importance.
- To formulate Cadre Rules of the Department, RR etc.
- Other activities which will be assigned by the Govt. from time to time.
- Appointment of Staff to be required for the Dept. Of Family Welfare.
The Human Resource (HR) Status of the Directorate is placed at.